Sunday, August 26, 2007

What...No Swing Set Plans?

I have all the pieces of an old swing set in my backyard, given to me by a friend of the family. I truly wish I had the swing set plans, because when I say it is in pieces, I have a bucket of old bolts and brackets with a bunch of lumber that has no markings left on it. Some of these will need to be replaced or painted. I am having flashbacks to when I received the antique Brunswick Billiards table that had been in our family for the last 60 years. It turned out amazing, but that free table cost me over $6,000 to restore and refelt. This was back when I thought I was going to have a "Man Room" to shoot pool and watch games on the big screen....This, however, was before children. Now I am trying to figure out how to rebuild a swing set for my four year old daughter who thinks that I can do just about anything!

She was a little confused this morning when she woke up as she fully expected her swing set to be ready to use. She said, "Daddy where is it?" I told her it would take quite awhile to put it all back together, she said "that's o.k. Dad, we can swing after lunch."


I knew my mission for the day, if not the rest of the week. I needed to assemble this pile of lumber into something that looks like the picture I took of it, or risk disappointing my daughter. I am now thinking I may have been way ahead to have ordered a book of
swing set plans or a kit, so I would just have to assemble and play...I mean watch my daughter play on it. I think I'll have a look around to see what my options are.

Hope you have enjoyed my ranting. I feel better now. I'll be back another day with my progress.
Let me know what you think.

Mike

No comments: